PDA

View Full Version : A little problem!Thanks!

s2smhfrom2005
05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
I am a new man of linux user.Please forgive my ignorance!I am using windows.I am want to use linux not far latter.
1,Because every extern equipment need driver in windows.And what about linux?Am I also need to seek drivers for linux.But there isn't dirver for most them?
2,If I use linux with windows in the same hard disk,can I use partition in windows?And reverse?

Thanks million for your help! :D

fingers99
05-17-2005, 06:49 PM
1,Because every extern equipment need driver in windows.And what about linux?Am I also need to seek drivers for linux.But there isn't dirver for most them?

It depends very much on the devices. For example, most external serial modems have Windows drivers, but work fine without them in Linux. What equipment do you have?

2,If I use linux with windows in the same hard disk,can I use partition in windows?And reverse?

Do you mean "can I write to the windows partition"? Linux can write to fat32 (the filesystem on Windows 95,98,ME) just fine, but can only read ntfs (filesystem on NT, 2000,XP). Windows itself can't read Linux partitions, although there is some shareware which will enable it to.

s2smhfrom2005
05-18-2005, 05:52 AM
First of all,thank you so much. I have most usual graph card of PC(nvida GF),it work normal,but my sound card isn't so popular,it is BLACKGOLD.It doesn't work normal.