PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix HD Install, Apache, MySQL, => Bugzilla

alanteigne
05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to linux and am getting a little lost in all the confusion. I have successfully performed a Knoppix HD Install and would like to eventually run Mozilla's Bugzilla on an Apache server with MySQL. The prerequisites for Bugzilla include Apache w/ Perl support and MySQL, and that's where I'm stuck. I've read all over this forum that Knoppix comes with Apache and MySQL, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them running/configured. I would like for them to start on boot.

Can anyone help me out with getting Apache w/Perl & MySQL running?

Thank you,
Alan

UnderScore
05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
> Knoppix comes with Apache and MySQL,
That it does. As for getting them to run, search the forum (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/search.php) for apache & you will find there are people asking similar if not the very same things. I count 3 posts with apache in them, within the last 2 weeks, that detail how to start apache.

As for installing bugzilla, see this post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83880#83880 where I show someone how to figure out IF a program is a supported Debian program, and IF SO how to install it. You should follow those steps & where appropriate use the word 'bugzilla'.

markpreston
05-18-2005, 07:58 AM
By default
perl files go in /usr/lib/cgi-bin (as root)
Normal web-files go in the apache document root directory which is /var/www

If you can get a graphical interface to root then ksysv is a useful program to use.
If not, /etc/init.d/apache start or
/usr/sbin/apache as root should start apache
/etc/init.d/apache stop should stop apache.
/etc/init.d/mysqld_safe & should start mysql

Starting programs on boot requires the statup commands to be put in /etc/rc0-5.d directories.
If you get ksysv working you can do this by dragging and dropping icons.
Like UnderScore suggests, search this site for lots of useful information.
Hope this helps.

alanteigne
05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. I got on the bugzilla and knoppix channels on IRC and asked there. Between that and googling, I got it going.