PDA

View Full Version : Kernal panic

lbenn
05-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I have tried everything and I still cannot get the cd to boot. Every cheat code I use the result it always the same. I hit enter the screen goes to the penguin says initalizing, runs through a bunch of stuff, only to stop and hang at the last line. That reads Kernal panic not syncing attempt to kill init. I have an AMD 64 3000 processor with 1gig of mem running win xp pro on a ntfs file system. The Knoppix file passes the checksums. I have burned 2 dvd's and one cd with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eon
05-25-2005, 06:23 PM
You say you've tried the cheatcodes-have you tried "expert" and then gone through the loading of modules and services?
Sometimes that will pinpoint what exactly is causing knoppix to fail. When you find the exact palce where it fails you can cpoy and paste the output or google it.

rwcitek
05-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I have tried everything and I still cannot get the cd to boot. Every cheat code I use the result it always the same. I hit enter the screen goes to the penguin says initalizing, runs through a bunch of stuff, only to stop and hang at the last line. That reads Kernal panic not syncing attempt to kill init. I have an AMD 64 3000 processor with 1gig of mem running win xp pro on a ntfs file system. The Knoppix file passes the checksums. I have burned 2 dvd's and one cd with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try these in succession:
1) boot: knoppix -b
2) boot: knoppix -b pnpbios=off acpi=off
3) boot: knoppix -b pnpbios=off acpi=off noapic noagp noapm nodma nomce nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb nosmp noaudio
4) boot: knoppix init=/bin/bash pnpbios=off acpi=off noapic noagp noapm nodma nomce nofirewire nopcmcia

Did any of the above work?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org