PDA

View Full Version : Nessus plugins

timix
04-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I'm running Knoppix 3.2 from CD. When I startup and login to Nessus there are plugins listed. Nothing I do seem to list plugins. I have looked in /usr/lib/nessus/plugins and there seem to be a bunch of plugins there ready to use but they do not show up in the GUI. I have confirmed that nessusd is running and that I am actually logged in. It allows me to do a scan but because no plugins are listed nothing really gets scanned.

Also, I tried running nessus-update-plugins in the hope that this would reseed the plugins and show up in the GUI but I get a "Read-only file system" error on trying to write files to /usr/lib/nessus/plugins. Checking mount -v it shows it mounted rw so I don't know what gives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

RockMumbles
04-16-2003, 12:32 AM
/var is on the ramdisk so you can write to /var/lib but /usr is a link to /KNOPPIX/usr (the cd) so you can't write there. Copy things over to /var/lib and link to them, that should work.

HTH

rock

timix
04-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.

I don't know if updating the plugins caused Nessus to recognize that there are plugins or not but it is recognizing them now so that must have been it.