PDA

View Full Version : Audio CD

Dioxin
05-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Help I think I am missing something here. My knoppix can't play audio cds. All audio cds are not recognised at all. Data discs are fine though.

fingers99
05-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Help I think I am missing something here. My knoppix can't play audio cds. All audio cds are not recognised at all. Data discs are fine though.

Ah. You don't mount audio cds. Just pop it in and (I'm assuming you want to play it) open up KsCD

(Kmenu>Multimedia>KsCD). You may need to tweek the volume up on Kmix first, and note that Kmix has its own volume control.

Dioxin
05-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Well I've never encountered this with the previous knoppix distro nor ubuntu. I use Kscd of course but kscd just refuses to read cds.

Keithj
06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I have the same problem. kscd is looking for /dev/cdrom which it says it can't access. The file is there, but it's zero bytes and owned by root. Permissions cannot be changed.

I did find another Linux CD player that worked, but it removed all (ALL) root access and I had to wipe the machine and start again. Not going to do that again!

I hear reports that Knoppix can't actually handle music CDs, so it's back to Windows for that.

Albretch
10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Kmenu > Multimedia >Kaffeine (Media Player) worked for me palying musinc files from a NEC DVD player/burner