PDA

View Full Version : Sata DVD drive

lbenn
05-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Does anybody know how to get a sata drive to boot when it is set to raid in the bios. It will boot when set to ide but when I access the knoppix boot screen and hit enter I get a error msg. kernel panic unable to sync attempt to kill init. When I use a cheat code to get past that error, I can only get to where it is searching for the drive to access the files dev/hda and it continues to search through about 13 then quits. When I set it to raid and boot from my other cd drive everything works fine and I access the knoppix live cd no problem but my cd drive is not a writer and it sometimes cannot read a copied disc. Minor problem but it bothers me that I can't figure out how to get the sata drive to boot. Any suggestions?

doublepoor
05-30-2005, 04:57 PM
:D Hi

Give a try with knoopix v 3.8 it can read the sata disk.
I already done the test on hpcompa dc7100 model.

lbenn
05-31-2005, 02:44 AM
I am using v 3.8 I can get the knoppix boot screen when I use my dvd sata drive, when it is sent to ide, but I cannot go beyond that without getting the kernel panic error and none of the cheat codes will work. when I set the sata drive to raid in the bios my system will not recongize it to boot from. So I have to use my cd rom drive and everything works just fine. I don't understand why the sata drive will not boot when set to raid. And when I have the sata drive set to ide and I am at the knoppix boot screen and use failsafe it starts to access the cd in the drive but seems to get confused as to which one to use because it keeps searching for the drive and eventually just quits