PDA

View Full Version : can't copy-paste using knoppix 3.3 live cd

gjo
05-29-2005, 08:08 PM
unable copy-paste or create new folder in any partition while using live cd(w/0 installation)
Is it possible ? if yes how??? plz help me..

TIA

Harry Kuhman
05-29-2005, 08:18 PM
unable copy-paste or create new folder in any partition while using live cd(w/0 installation)
Is it possible ? if yes how??? plz help me..

and wat is the password , when i type su in konsole mode?

TIA
Depends on the partition type. NTFS: NO, FAT Yes. Knoppix defaults to opening partitions read only (a safety issue considering one of the target users for Knoppix is new Linux users), but you can change the mount to R/W with the mount command or by right clicking on the partition icon and using the actions sub-menu. But don't even think of doing this if you have NTFS partitions or are not sure what type(s) of partition you have.

gjo
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
hi, I right click the paartition icon and uncheck the read-only checkbox..still i can't create files.

plz specify me how it is possible...also pls post the mount command after u tried sucessfully

thanks

gjo
06-03-2005, 07:42 PM
mY HARDDISK HAVE ONLY FAT AND EXT3 PARTITIONS

Is it posiible to create a file or copy-paste in the harddisk while using liveCD

Pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give me an answer

If yes Plz specify How to?

Harry Kuhman
06-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes. Knoppix defaults to opening partitions read only (a safety issue considering one of the target users for Knoppix is new Linux users), but you can change the mount to R/W with the mount command or by right clicking on the partition icon and using the actions sub-menu. But don't even think of doing this if you have NTFS partitions or are not sure what type(s) of partition you have.