PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.8.1 network prob

Linux-_usr
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
I have knop[pix 3.8.1 installed on my harddrive and it boots endeverything but itwont recognize my ethernet card. i was wondering if this is because its built on to the mobo.

The network connection i have is a comcast router. if anyone can help i would really apreciate it.

Thanx

jimbo-62
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
My nic is built in to the motherboard and it works just fine. You may need to look up your nic on one of the hardware compatibility sites.

Good luck, jimbo

Harry Kuhman
05-31-2005, 04:12 PM
I have knop[pix 3.8.1 installed on my harddrive
You would do yourself a big favor in making it clear if this is a hard drive install problem or a networking problem. Does Knoppix use the network properly if booted from the CD instead of from the known-to-cause-probems hard drive install? If not then I would suggest not even clouding the issue with the hard drive install issue and focus on why it doesn't work from the CD. If the CD works fine then you certainly should make that clear, and in such a case this post would belong in the HDD Install forum.

Linux-_usr
06-01-2005, 12:21 AM
This is a harddrive install. the network didnt work booted from a cd either. i thought that installing would help with the network issue.