PDA

View Full Version : yet another person didn't look at what iso he was downloadin

bmakhale
06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Someone please help. I downloaded this program and rebooted my pc from my cdrom and everything is in German. How do I change to English. or how do I atleast power this thing off?????????
Thank's Bmakhale......

Harry Kuhman
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Someone please help. ......
Don't hijack a thread. This was not the topic of the thread you posted into. Start your own thread if you must. Better yet would have been to search the forums, this has been covered in great detail many times. Sounds like you downloaded the wrong version of the ISO. There is a cheat code to force it to English, but you have to know how to type it in properly (since Knoppix thinks you now have a German keyboard). You can sesarch the forums for the cheat code and how to type it or just down the EN version of the ISO.

I'll see if I can't split this off into it's own thread.

bmakhale
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I didn't mean to intrude but everything is in German and I just clicked on something English...

Harry Kuhman
06-02-2005, 04:19 PM
how do I atleast power this thing off?????????......
If all else fails, pulling the plug usually works, although for some notebooks you have to remove the battery too. If you have a reset button that may be a little less drastic, just get the CD out before it boots again.

bmakhale
06-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I was alway told that the neighborhood of Linux was a group of people brought together to help each other with the task of creating a metropalous for the good of the people in the computing world. To defend against the giant's of the pc world and to create their own way to achieve the same as the big dog's with out their rules and codes...

So much for the help......

Maybe I'll find someone who will take the time to actually help someone in need...

Thank's for making my first visit to the linux world so freaking pleasant.......
Bmakhale

Harry Kuhman
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I was alway told that the neighborhood of Linux was a group of people brought together to help each other with the task of creating a metropalous for the good of the people in the computing world. To defend against the giant's of the pc world and to create their own way to achieve the same as the big dog's with out their rules and codes...

Maybe I'll find someone who will take the time to actually help someone in need...

Thank's for making my first visit to the linux world so freaking pleasant.......
Bmakhale

In what way were you not helped? Your post was split into it's own thread, you were told that you got the German iso and that there is also an English iso (EN) that will boot into English. You were told that there is a cheat code that will boot your current ISO into English mode, but added to that you were given the extra information that typing in the cheat code can be more tricky than normal since Knoppix now thinks you have a German keyboard. You were invited to search the forums for the exact thing to type to get the cheat code to work, or given the alternate suggestion of just downloading the propper English ISO (which is what I would do). About all I can see that I didn't do for you was tell you exactly what to type, and that's because I don't exactly remember what to type on an English keyboard when Knoppix thinks it's German and I didn't do the searching for you (Although how had can that search be, given that obvious keywords would be German and keyboard?) If you are under the impression that we come to your house and do these things for you, you may be expecting too much.

spandit
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM

Bmakhale

Yo you need to chill man !

harry HAS helped you, what are you talking about?

And yes linux has a outstanding community there is no arguing that (especially knoppix) but it doesnt mean you can hijack threads and flip out on people. Anyway back to your question yeah use the search feature on this forum or just download a english iso (like harry said).
Need anymore help?