PDA

View Full Version : help pls. cursor is grey/white box. (not little arrow)

debsen
06-03-2005, 07:14 AM
hi i recently read an article about knoppix and just tried it out for fun. I am so amazed at it that i am considering installing it to my hard drive. i have only one issue.

I have a sony vaio pcg-f560. it is a pretty old laptop. everything loads up fine and there are no issues except for my mouse problem. instead of an arrow there is a big box around where my mouse is. it moves around fine and i guess i can click on things with it if i place the box right but it is annoying. i first tried to change the cursor theme from the default one and that seemed to fix it. But then when i mouse over an icon it goes back to the original box. also the same happens when i go to the bottom of the screen on top of the dock.

i am using knoppix 3.9 cd. my laptop seems to support just about everything else, including screen soundcard, modem, etc. please help me becuase i am really impressed with knoppix. thanks in advance for any help. also knoppix seems too good to be true, will it eventually not be free?