PDA

View Full Version : Speedtoch 510 lan ADSL- Router problems

thunderchief
06-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi folks,

:?

since two weeks I work at connecting my Knoppix 3.7 to ADSL.
This router always is connected to adsl. For data transfer operations I have to login with username and password to the providers server.
DHCP is ON and I'm able to reach the lan-card as the router by "ping".
When I call the router's IP in the konqueror there is an option to
- lock thr router by password - let's forget it
- login by username and password (to my providers server or only the hardware firewall?????)
when I type my adsl data in this fields the status doesn't change to connected; only below there changes the text to "disconnect".
You see, my problem is to get access to my providers server. Maybe some of you have any idea to solve the problem.
With this router I got an installation guide for linux, but there all is written for terminal mode (oh yes I also prefer terminal mode, when the OS once is installed on the hd) but I can't believe that this should not be able with kde.
I also have seen a lot of solutions for the usb- routers from speddtouch but none for the lan- types.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Andl

tdjokic
06-05-2005, 05:17 PM
My case is different, maybe is of no help for you. ADSL Ethernet modem - setup with web browser as bridge, mmode. Than I went to ADSL/PPPOE configuration and put my user_name@provider_domen_name and password there. I use nodhcp in bootloader, so NIC has not IP adress.

thunderchief
06-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi,

thank you for your reply. In the meantime I don't think that it is a lan- problem itself.
With ADSL/PPPoE- option I always get the error "PPPoE cannot reach the access concentrator of the provider; its maybe still busy".

Andl

tdjokic
06-05-2005, 07:20 PM
I get this same error until I put "acpi=off" in the boot loader. It sounds strange, but it is true. I don't remember which version or kernel. There are many small differences all the time...