PDA

View Full Version : Just wonderin if you folks have plans to add Xandros?

jacksonon
06-09-2005, 03:28 AM
Anyway . . . GREAT JOB . . . and nice site . . . this is the future of sofware distro :D :D :D

probono
06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Xandros should be possible, since it is also debian based.

Please send a mail to probono at myrealbox dot com. In your mail, please include the output of the following commands:
uname -a
cat /etc/*ix-version
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
cat /var/lib/dpkg/status | grep "Package:\|Status:\|Version:\|Provides:\|^$"

Greetings,
probono

dpeirce
09-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Has there been any progress on a KLIK for Xandros? I just now sent you the info asked for above.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

probono
09-16-2005, 09:00 AM
http://xnv3.xandros.com/3.0/pkg/ gives me

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /3.0/pkg/ on this server.

dpeirce
09-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Apologies, but I'm too much newbie to know the significance of what you said in that last post.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

probono
09-18-2005, 11:09 AM
It works now, Xandros is added to the list :-)

dpeirce
09-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Thank you. I'm assuming that means there's a package somewhere on the KLIK website which I can download to my xandros system. However, I'm having trouble right now accessing the KLIK site. Whenever I can download it, I will check it out and post how it's working on xandros.

My compliments to a developer who will respond to his "customers" like that!! It isn't the usual thing and I do appreciate it.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

penguin7009
11-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Thank you. I'm assuming that means there's a package somewhere on the KLIK website which I can download to my xandros system. However, I'm having trouble right now accessing the KLIK site. Whenever I can download it, I will check it out and post how it's working on xandros.

My compliments to a developer who will respond to his "customers" like that!! It isn't the usual thing and I do appreciate it.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

Hi Dave, can you give me a little more information on how you got "klik" to work on your Xandros. I am using Xandros 3.0 Business edition? Any help would be appreciated.

paul :lol: