PDA

View Full Version : toshiba satellite touchpad not functional

techrush
06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
i just downloaded v 3.9 of knoppix looks awesome! im a total linux noob and my touchpad was not functioning so i couldnt explore everything as much as i would like. when i have access to a usb mouse tommorow ill try that. but i much prefer using the touchpad. any ideas ? the exact model of my laptop is:

toshiba satellite a-75 s-2112

everything else seemed to work fine except my wireless card or internet needed configured...ill tackle that next any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

bongski55
08-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Try kanotix,touchpad of my tecra A3 worked.

Steveb357
03-18-2010, 04:22 AM
I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 laptop with a touchpad. I am running Knoppix 6.2.
The touchpad will not scroll nor will it tap to select. With other OSs, (such as PCLinux) it will tap, two finger tap and scroll horizontally and vertically. The functionality is available in the hardware, but Knoppix doesn't seem to support them. Or does it, and I'm too ignorant (and I am) to make it happen?

Can someone help me make this work?

(NB: I'm having an issue with root priveledges - Knoppix somehow thinks I ain't the root user, and won't accept the password I put in at installation - I'm trying to get help with this one too)

SteveB