PDA

View Full Version : Tips for burning

slp44
06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
now that i have downloaded knoppix v3.9 via bittorent i have a folder that includes about 8 files i ran the md5 checksum and it worked do i need to do anything else with the other files before i burn it to a cd. Also do i only burn the ISO file to the cd or also the other files (e.g. ASC, SHA1, TEXT DOCUMENTS)

UnderScore
06-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Only burn the ISO to CD. Burn it as an image. Do not attempt to burn it as a bootable CD since burning it as an image will automatically take care of that. Do not simply drag & drop the ISO into the burner program. You must CHOOSE to burn it as an image. Check the File menu & see if there is an entry to either Burn existing project or to Open a image file. Burn it at a slow speed prerferably 4x or 8x.

Harry Kuhman
06-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Stupid subject line. Almost everyone who starts a thread here is asking for help, but most have the common sense to tell the people who they are asking to help what the issue is right in the topic. Your post is useless for anyone later searching the topics for the same problem, and inconsiderate towards the people you are asking help from.

slp44
06-10-2005, 07:56 PM
thanks for being so nice how about u stop answering my posts if ur just going to waste ur time saying things like that

slp44
06-10-2005, 08:02 PM
i chose to burn it as a data cd and it says i can burn as a data cd ... other things and then it says ISO Image then once i enter where i choose the file i want to burn there is something under the file tab that says convert ISO image is that what i must click on?

UnderScore
06-10-2005, 08:08 PM
thanks for being so nice how about u stop answering my posts if ur just going to waste ur time saying things like thatHis volunteer job IS to answer posts or guide people to follow some small rules. One of which is to post using logical subject lines. If every user creates a new post with the subject line"I Need a little help" or "Noob needs help" then we would have tons of useless non-descriptive subject lines. These useless subjects would not only foul up the search engine but ultimately make the forums less helpful for newbies. A better subject line would be "tips for burning?". But it would be best if you searched the these forums for tips on burning. I just searched (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/search.php) for the word 'burn' or 'burning' & I found 5 if not closer to 10 posts where people like yourself need assistance with burning. It is certainly possible that your questions may have already been asked & answered by other folks.

As for your current burning question, I don't know what program you are trying to use. Since you do not provide us with that I must GUESS as to what you are trying to do. I wish I could read minds across the internet since that would be a very helpful skill. But since I can't, I ask you to be very descriptive & detailed. Again, please search the forums since burning questions appear at minimum 3 times per day every day.

By the way, if you so choose, you can change the subject line by editing your topmost post.

Harry Kuhman
06-10-2005, 08:31 PM
As for your current burning question, ....
James, you're absolutely wasting your time with this person. It's the same person we both tried to help yesterday in this thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19468). I thought his remark to you sounded of sarcasm, but wasn't sure of his intent and kept trying to help. He just started asking questions that seemed to me like he wanted to be argumentative. Fially he said he wasn't following my instructions because he was "fed up" and was going to do it his own way.

When that gave the expected result, he moved out of the bootong forum and started another thread on the same subject (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19472). I started to respond, realized who it was, deleted what I wrote, and pointed him back to the original discussion. He indignantly stated that he had done what I had provided information to do, while it was abundantly clear from his post that he had not, he said as much. I ended up closing that post. So now we're back here with another thread asking the same question of the day that has been answered so many times before, including in the 3 page thread that I wrote to him yesterday. Help him if you want, or learn from my error.

slp44
06-10-2005, 09:37 PM
hey guys it finally worked thanks for the help sorry about the contreversy