PDA

View Full Version : DSL doesn't work anymore

Fleshgolem
04-17-2003, 01:53 PM
I installed Knoppix 3.1 on my HD and now PPPoE doesn't work anymore. pppoeconf finished succesfully and plog doesn't give me any errors, but i can't do anything else, then pinging my own ip.
Plz help me

Dave_Bechtel
06-21-2003, 01:04 PM
1. Your eth0 has to be up (ifconfig)
2. Ddi you ' pon dsl-provider '?

I installed Knoppix 3.1 on my HD and now PPPoE doesn't work anymore. pppoeconf finished succesfully and plog doesn't give me any errors, but i can't do anything else, then pinging my own ip.
Plz help me

mikeoak
07-04-2003, 10:38 PM
I had a similar problem. Before I could easily configure ppoe with the bootable version, but on hard drive installation when I would click on Internet>connect>adsl/ppoe config. nothing happened. Then I tried to do the same thing logging in as root and it worked fine. :oops: [/b]

joekm
07-07-2003, 08:25 PM
In my case, I needed to run netcardconfig. I think you can just accept the defaults and it should work. Otherwise, search this topic, there is a posting from someone who suggest altering the default settings.

Hope this helps,

Joe

roberto
07-27-2003, 08:57 AM
ok... to be direct i no longer have knoppix installed onto my hard drive.... BUT i am running debian sid.... and when i brought my laptop over to my friends house who has DSL... i ran pppoeconf and it as well did not work,.... it assigned me ips and even gave me dns server numbers... BUT

When i opened /etc/resolv.conf it was still configured for my old dhcp ethernet network internet connection...

FIX: i added the dns nameservers to my /etc/resolv.conf file so it read:

nameserver X.X.X.X
nameserver X.X.X.X

and did an /etc/init.d/networking restart
then i did a pon dsl-provider
and ping google.com -c3

baddabing baddaboom it worked... i hope this helps...