PDA

View Full Version : run'n knoppix

mystix
06-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok here we go. I have had Knoppix for a few weeks now and decided to install it on to my hard drive. All went smoothly except, I accidently deleted Windows! Which I didn't want to do. So, I reformated my hard drive and re-installed Windows (XP) and now wanting to just run Knoppix off of the CD before I go with another attempt at installing. Ok, so here is the problem. Knoppix wont run anymore. I put the CD in it goes through it's little config stuff and then when it gets to that point at the bottom when it says something something X11..... you know when it is getting ready to fire up....it stops right there and wont go any farther. Just freezes. I have no clue why or how to correct this. Anyone else have this trouble? or know what I can do to fix it?

Thnx

Harry Kuhman
06-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Awful choice for a subject line. Nice use of obnoxious large in your face text. But at least you got the forum right.

mystix
06-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey thnx for the help :wink:

ludo0565
06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi,
I once had such a problem. I cleaned up my CD and, gone was the problem!
Good luck
l

Harry Kuhman
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey thnx for the help :wink:
I don't offer help (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574) when people use subject lines that are useless for anyone who later searchs the forums by subject to try to resolve their problem without posting the same question again. Or for subject lines that just waste the time of helpful people scanning the forums for topics they think they might be able to assist with. I do comment on such topic lines, because I find that if I don't others just do it too and when their error is pointed out they just respond with a "doh, others do it". My comment on the "I'm special, look at me" approach to fonts, a much worse form of shouting in a forum that all caps IMHO, was a freebe.

mystix
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the spanking. I'll figure it out for myself.