PDA

View Full Version : slow start of xwin

srbanator
06-14-2005, 07:56 PM
hi all

i just install knopix 3.9 on my hdd. after instalation i have set soundcard by ALSACONF ( i have SB Audigy - emu10k1). Everything was playing Ok, also the microphone was working. After reset i have started xwin(kde) , but after login it takes more then 5 minutes to start. After that everything works ok( the sound and other things) . WHen i have read the log which apears before startx, there was writen "SETING UP ALSA /etc/init.d/alsa warning 'alsactl restor' failde with restore message 'alsactl: load_state:1267: no sound card found." But as i said, the sound was playing ok(xmms with alsa setting). Does anybody has the same problem?

thank you for some info

srbanator
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
hi all, nobody knows? i will maytbe post more info

tomich
08-09-2006, 02:26 AM
More info would be helpful.
Im not an expert, but i have a similar problem now. i use alsaconf, it detects the hardware, everything works ok. When i reset, the configuration is gone and on the load of xwindow, it says no sound detected. But i also get a message saying something like "no sound detected, but KDE will still play sound using null output" i do have sound, but by null output. i think U have the same problem.
Tell me, after you reboot, can U turn down/up the volume from XMMS????... if u cant, then XMMS is working(and system sound), but because they use null output . the problem with that is that u cant hear two things at the same time (I.E. XMMS Music and sound beep error on something). To solve this, U have to run alsaconf again, and everything will work again.

What im not sure, is how to set this settins to last till reboot. 'cos this changes every time i reboot.

Hope this helped a little.
Bye
Tom