PDA

View Full Version : Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img

mswarbrick
04-17-2003, 10:53 PM
When trying to remaster...
I issue the command:

mkisofs -r -j -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -o /mnt/hda2/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master

and I get the error:

mkisofs: Uh oh, I can't find the boot image "KNOPPIX/boot.img !

Can someone please tell me what to do about this?

Thanks,
Mark
sales@sosstandbyserver.com

William_Olbrys
04-17-2003, 11:30 PM
I think you made the same mistake I did. You didnt copy the whole /cdrom/KNOPPIX/ directory, you only copied the index.html file. Thats what it says in the remastering howto but i think youre supposed to copy the whole thing... check this out http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1418#6226

mswarbrick
04-17-2003, 11:46 PM
I tried that and I still get the same error. When I do a find / -name boot.img it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the hard disk or on the CD?
any more ideas?

Mark

William_Olbrys
04-17-2003, 11:54 PM
the boot.img file is supposed to be here: /cdrom/KNOPPIX, you might not be seeing it if youre still chrooted in the source dir.

mswarbrick
04-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Nope, I'm not chrooted and the file boot.img does not exist anywhere on the CD that I have booted from. Is the boot.img file created at some point in the remastering process, or is it a file that is supposed to be on the CD already?

William_Olbrys
04-18-2003, 12:11 AM
sposed to be on the cd, try downloading the image again...i just started using knoppix but im pretty sure its gotta be there.

mswarbrick
04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Problem found - MY CD is no good - I had messed with the ISO image before I burned the CD - and then forgot that I did that. I had delete the boot.img myself a few weeks ago. I made a new cd and it has the boot.img on it. Thanks for all the help.

Mark