PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.9 problem with home= ?

uw2005
06-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Hello,

I can't mount my home directory image anymore from hd by parameter home=scan , home=/dev/hdb6 or home=/mnt/hdb6/knoppix.img. Maybe a general problem with Knoppix 3.9 ?

The same parameters work fine with Knoppix 3.7 CD at the same PC.

There is no message about this parameter during boot, but the parameter exists on DVD cheatcode list file (PC Welt 7/2005).

Thanks for help

Uwe

uw2005
06-20-2005, 06:34 AM
Hello,

I found the script /usr/sbin/knoppix-image and wrote a little knoppix.sh script with:

mount -w /dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6
/usr/sbin/knoppix-image /mnt/hdb6/knoppix.img

Now it works with the cheatcode myconfig=scan.

I don't know where this script should be started regulary and why it doesn't work with home=scan in this version.

cu
Uwe

NightMonkey
06-24-2005, 09:24 AM
I seem to be having the same problem. After multiple attempts, I can only get myconf=/mnt/ubb2/ to work, home=/mnt/ubb2/knoppix.img doesn't work. I don't know where the scripts are that actually perform the home= scanning process, but perhaps it was an oversight for this release? I'm especially interested in the encryption feature, since I lost my last USB stick (a physically tiny PQI I-Stick)...

Other than this, I've got 3.9 running on my new Lexar JumpDrive Lightning 1GB USB stick, and love it! :D

NightMonkey
08-09-2005, 06:08 AM
I seem to be having the same problem. After multiple attempts, I can only get myconf=/mnt/ubb2/ to work, home=/mnt/ubb2/knoppix.img doesn't work. I don't know where the scripts are that actually perform the home= scanning process, but perhaps it was an oversight for this release? I'm especially interested in the encryption feature, since I lost my last USB stick (a physically tiny PQI I-Stick)...

Other than this, I've got 3.9 running on my new Lexar JumpDrive Lightning 1GB USB stick, and love it! :D

Anyone have any word if this is on the fix list for 4.0 (or any 3.X bugfix releases)?