PDA

View Full Version : I saved configuration file in wrong place

oddgeezer
06-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I saved the configuration file in the wrong place -- in the hard drive that is ntfs. I want to get rid of that error, but I don't know how to delete it. I can find it, either in Konquerer or while at root, but I don't know how to delete it. By "it" I mean the two files, the first being knoppix.sh

When I boot into Windows (XP) and look for it, it is invisible.

I am using live CD, ver. 3.9

Harry Kuhman
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
I saved the configuration file in the wrong place -- in the hard drive that is ntfs. I want to get rid of that error, but I don't know how to delete it. I can find it, either in Konquerer or while at root, but I don't know how to delete it. By "it" I mean the two files, the first being knoppix.sh

I don't know how you managed to write to an NTFS partition with Knoppix, but the best advice ou can be given is, if the file is really out there at all, don't even try to delete it with Knoppix. Any Knoppix write to NTFS can corrupt and destroy an NTFS partition. If you managed to survive the first write then don't push your luck. Leave the files alone, they are apparently not causing you any problems, particularly if you can't even find them. I would also at this point make good backups of anything important on the NTFS partition that you didn't already have backed up, as if you really did write to the NTFS partition (I'm not convinced you did) then there may be corruption just waiting to cause you problems.

oddgeezer
06-22-2005, 03:59 AM

I worked on this problem for a couple of days, off and on, and I know more about it now. If anyone needs more info, just PM me.

Oddgeezer