PDA

View Full Version : Problems with video on Asrock K7S41GX

GilGallad
06-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I've just install Knoppix on HDD.. all is ok but i can set resolution higher than 1024x768 and more than 76HZ. MY monitor is DELL Trinitron 21` Flat and the video is on-board on Asrock K7S41GX. How can i fix it ??? In /etc/X11/X86Config is detected "fbdev" device... if i set the resolution and Hz on 1280x1024 85HZ the thing just can start(i mean StartX). What can I do pls help>

P.S. Is there some way to set video device with some kind of command ?

UnderScore
06-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Welcome to Knoppix.net. We are glad you like Knoppix.
Please read the following:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86678#86678
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo

I have 2 systems with the very same MB running linux. You might be able to reconfigure the video settings with the command kxsconfig or kxconfig. You may have to use a command line config program: xf86cfg or xf86config

If I recall correctly the Asrock MB uses the XF86 sis driver.

GilGallad
06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
10x a lot , I've just set all resolutions and refresh rates:) fixed with xf86cfg the video card(sis741) and kxconfig to set vertical and horizontal rates of the monitor. Now KDE looks very cool:)
But i have another question about sound. I can set it properly. With soundcardconfig it tells me :
You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound enabled. │
│ (soundcore.o was not found in the module search path). │
│ To use sndconfig, you must be running a kernel with modular │
│ sound, such as the kernel shipped with Debian GNU/Linux or a 2.2 │
│ kernel, and sound must be compiled as modules.
And it loos like there is no modul active for sound card(it is integrated on board AC97), i'm not expert user so i don't know how to set that modul on( and didn't find kernel source btw)
If i turn the autodetect in control center under KDE there is no sound after scanning.
How can i fix it anyway???

P.S. The Knoppix really step on my heart:) I thought to changed with Fedora but wih this things fixed is just great. Maybe the future of desktop system is in this all-in-one systems. The most people don't like much linux based system cause they are user unfriendly, but with Knoppix and others the things just looks very simple:)

GilGallad
06-20-2005, 08:46 PM
BTW I can listen music form CD with XMMS but the equilazer and volume control don't work