PDA

View Full Version : can't print to network printer

riechert
04-18-2003, 08:48 AM
I haven't been able to get my network printer working. It's an HP DeskJet 970Cse connected to a Hawking PN7127P print server. I've tried all the options in the configure printers wizard but haven't been able to get anythin on the printer. This whole hardware setup works fine under Windows XP so I know it's not the hardware.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

rickenbacherus
04-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Don't know the first thing about a Hawking print server but did you perhaps connect your printer directly to your Linux box and see if it will work that way before trying to use the print server?

riechert
04-19-2003, 12:19 AM
The printer was originally directly connected to my PC and it worked fine from my PC and the other PC on my small network. Both PCs are running Windows (mine is XP and the 98). I got the printer server so my PC wouldn't have to be on all the time. So I know that the printer and cabling work and work with this PC. When I boot my XP PC with Knoppix, however, and try to print I can see (via the lights on my router and the printer server) that something gets to the server but nothing gets sent to the printer.