PDA

View Full Version : LEXAR CFDISK Geometry

GaTk
06-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Can someone tell me the FDISK parameters to return my Lexar CFDISK to its original geometry?

I have a Lexar 128 mb cfdisk part #2175 rev A that I was working with. I managed to munge the geometry to the point where
FDISK won't open it .... suggesting I use expert mode to set cylinders. I have no idea what the C-H-S setup was as I have
been swapping and formatting this card between Windows XP and Knoppic 3.9 for sometime .... I think one of the numbers was 1014

Thanks

ruymbeke
06-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Can someone tell me the FDISK parameters to return my Lexar CFDISK to its original geometry?
I have a Lexar 128 mb cfdisk part #2175 rev A that I was working with. I managed to munge the geometry to the point where FDISK won't open it .... suggesting I use expert mode to set cylinders. I have no idea what the C-H-S setup was as I have been swapping and formatting this card between Windows XP and Knoppic 3.9 for sometime .... I think one of the numbers was 1014. Thanks
I know that this is not exactly what you are asking for, but it may help.
You can try to use HPUSBFW.EXE under XP. It will erase, recreate a partition table and format a bootable fat16 partition.
This tool is included in the Grube\Root_Of_USB\ directory of this http://s119307663.onlinehome.us/grube.zip file.
If you are not looking for a fat16 partition, at least you should have a working partition table recognized by fdisk...
Hope this helps, Gilles

GaTk
06-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Your suggestion worked... it restored the disk to the point where FDISK
opened it with what looked like a normal partition table.
Thanks for your quick, accurate, helpful information....