PDA

View Full Version : Post hd install

andecla
04-18-2003, 01:45 PM
I have installed KNOPPIX 3.2 on my hd.
How I specify the fb800x600 cheatcode at startup??
Why I cannot mount a fat32 partition (wrong fstype error)?

Help me please :oops: !

VeeDubb
04-18-2003, 07:51 PM
If youspecify that cheatcode when you boot fromt he CD BEFORE instalation, the setting should become permanent when you install. At least all my cheatcodes did. Also, you could just adjust that through the kde control panel.

As for not being able to mount the fat32 partition, I don't know. You should be able to. The one problem I had was that several of my partitions were comented out in the fstab, so I had to un-commnet them to make it all work. You might check that, beyond that, I don't know.

Stephen
04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
To mount your fat32 partition as root in a console window mount -t vfat /dev/hda? /mnt/hda? where ? = number of partition you want to mount. If you want to be able to mount this drive on a regular basis then edit the /etc/fstab (also as root) and remove the # from the line that refers to the partition and save the file. ie.

#/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 auto noauto,user,exec 0 0
If you want it mounted on boot then change noauto to auto. This line allows a regular user to mount the drive if you want read and write access then rw,noauto,user,exec.

To change screen if you run KDE the K menu -> Settings -> Control Center ->Peripherals -> X Display.