PDA

View Full Version : alsa drivers not loaded

toltech
06-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi,
Whenever I boot with: "knoppix alsa" , the bootup scripts displays that the sounddriver is ALSA, but does not load the driver itself. Manualy loading the driver gives a working sound system. I have obeserved this on multiple systems with different hardware. Am I giving the wrong boot options? Will this be solved in knoppix 4.0? I am using knoppix V3.9.
gr.
Robert

Markus
06-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Try booting with: knoppix alsa=intel8x0 or whatever you have. Sometimes the chipset isn't correctly detected.

toltech
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks, I will do that. The strange thing is, it all worked well under knoppix 3.7. We use knoppix on multiple machines and different hardware. One of the reasons for this, is that we don't want to know which hardware we have. I had a look in the pci hardware list, but the cards are correctly in the list. Which script does this configuration, so I can have a look?
gr.
Robert

Markus
06-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Try having a look at /usr/sbin/alsa_init . Previously I've read that the codec can be mistaken for the chipset, so that AC97 erroneously becomes the chipset instead of intel8x0. Don't know if that's what happened with you, or if the alsa=??? cheat will work for you for that matter ;)