PDA

View Full Version : problems with large ISO and BitTorrent

lilsirecho
06-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Bittorrent recommends version 4.0 or greater which is what I have. They do not recommend running on earlier versions.

Why after 1GB does it report disc error, asking "are you running two files on bittorrent?".

lilsirecho
06-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Perhaps the problem is related to two files. Why does the download refer to an older bittorrent (paused) as well as the 4.0 DVD bittorrent? The download is titled correctly but two downloads are referred to while the 4.0 DVD download proceeds.

Is there a problem with previous bittorrent downloads not being cleared?

If so, how to clear up the mess?

lilsirecho
06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Bittorrent error statement follows;

file:/root/bittorrent errorTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/BitTorrent/RawServer.py", line 385, in _make_wrapped_call
function(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/krpc.py", line 63, in data_came_in
c.datagramReceived(datagram, addr)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/krpc.py", line 154, in datagramReceived
df.callback({'rsp' : msg[RSP], '_krpc_sender': addr})
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/defer.py", line 32, in callback
self.doCallbacks([result], self.callbacks)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/defer.py", line 43, in doCallbacks
result = cb(result, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/utkhashmir.py", line 45, in checkSender
d = knode.KNodeBase.checkSender(self, dict)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/knode.py", line 31, in checkSender
self.table.insertNode(self, contacted=1)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/khashmir.py", line 172, in insertNode
old = self.table.insertNode(n, contacted=contacted)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/khashmir/ktable.py", line 107, in insertNode
assert node.id != NULL_ID
AssertionError

Whazzis?

UnderScore
06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Whazzis?I don't know what any of that is. If you are personally OK with running a Sun Microsystems Java JRE/VM (a non-Free piece of software) on your machine, then get the latest Java JRE & then use azureus (GPL licensed). Again, I have had no problems getting 6 Debian Sarge CDs, 5 Fedora Core 4 CDs, or this Knoppix4 4GB ISO all using azureus.

Here is a guide on "Installing Sun's Java environment on Debian systems" (http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/142). I have done it & it works.

lilsirecho
06-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Appreciate that you have a Java system approach and azeureus as well.
I do not have a debian based system but do have archlinux which has downloaded OK in the past.

This problem is related to the present state of Bittorrent and the python/gtk installs which are current on my machine.

I have no MS on my machine so feel out of place in this forum!
Some error statements are referenced on the bittorrent URL but just specific items...not a lot of items such as my posting shows.

I don't expect I will go to another system when it is obvious bittorrent works for some users.

Harry Kuhman
06-24-2005, 10:07 PM
I have no MS on my machine so feel out of place in this forum!
You were talking about downloading problems with BitTorrent. It was getting far off the news topic of the new release, so I split the topic into a new thread. You right, I did rashly assume that you were talking about BitTorrent under Windows, particularly sunce you noted that BitTorrent recommends using versions 4.x of the client and Knoppix 3.9 still contains a 3.x version to the best of my knowledge. If this is another problem after Knoppix is "installed" then this certainly belongs in the HDD install forum. If not and you think it better fits in another forum let me know where and I'll move it.

lilsirecho
06-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Problem with bittorent solved with new download of v 4.1.2!!! :D

OP4Latino
06-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Problem with bittorent solved with new download of v 4.1.2!!! :D

Hmm, that's the Beta version (Jun 27/05). What version did you have when you started this thread? 4.0.2?

lilsirecho
06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Started with the latest download from a mirror which hadn't provided the latest. It was 4.1.1-2 when I first ran bittorent for the DVD and it failed.

I had to change mirrors to obtain the correct version 4.1.2-1.

All is well now except for myconfig=scan doesn't work with the stored persistent home as of this writing.