PDA

View Full Version : Cable connection on live cd

sucux
04-18-2003, 09:40 PM
i've got knoppix 3.2 and i run it live. i can't use internet and i tried pumping and ifconfig eth0 bla bla but it didn't work. :arrow: I use dhcp but it doesn't work on knoppix when i run netconfig. when i say i use dhcp broadcast it says failed. what should i do? thanks.

rickenbacherus
04-18-2003, 10:46 PM
What kind of system? How are you connecting?- NIC? - USB? - cable? adsl?

sucux
04-19-2003, 09:49 AM
cable did you read the topic

garyng
04-19-2003, 10:25 AM
any chance your cable ISP requires you to set certain name on your computer ? I sort of remember that my router vendor(orinoco) some how needs to patch their firmware to suit for certain cable providers. How do you set it up in Windows ?

sucux
04-20-2003, 09:34 AM
i used my cable connection on redhat and i didn't need anything for configuration.

rickenbacherus
04-20-2003, 04:50 PM
cable did you read the topic

Ok so my bad on the cable question. None the less people post here all the time thinking that someone should magically make their system work. Still you don't provide any details. You say you tried netconfig- huh well I've never head of anything by that name although I have heard of netcardconfig. You say you tried ifconfig but it didn't work- really? That's interesting since ifconfig only displays info about your NIC- it isn't capable of making your connection work. What does ifconfig tell you? Can you ping?