PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

oldgeezer
06-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Nowhere can I find a Greetings Card Designer for Linux, although there are several online versions. Someone must've written one, surely?

Please can I be reminded how to interface my Olympus 220Z. I recall that I have to run /proc/scsi/scsi but forget what else needs to be done.

OG.

knewbix
06-28-2005, 04:09 AM
Not sure what you mean by "Greetings Card Designer". If you mean those email e-cards I'd probably suggest Gimp - you can make animations and stuff. If you mean designing a physical card you can print out, maybe Scribus? (I have never tried this but it sounds like it would do the trick) or there might be something in the Open Office programs, I'd suspect. (I don't use these either)

As for the camera, I can't help you, but for my own, I googled the model and added "linux" to the search terms and found a solution quite easily, it just involved adding a line to the fstab, and running a command. Hope some of this helps 8)

oldgeezer
06-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks for those comments. It was the hard-copy print-out card variety I was after.
I will follow your advice on cameras.
OG.

Markus
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
You can use almost any camera with gphoto2 http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
Easier though to get one that supports usb-storage so you can just mount it like knewbix said.