PDA

View Full Version : Windoze XP Lite v. Linux In Brazil

sakiZ
06-29-2005, 01:26 PM
This news item:

Microsoft officials demonstrated this week in Brazil a Portugese-language-optimized version of Windows XP that was stripped down to run on less-powerful processors, according to Marcelo Nóbrega, technology editor with the fourth largest Brazilian newspaper, Jornal do Brasil. Microsoft officials said they are bringing the Starter Edition product to Brazil, Nobrega said, but did not specify the exact timing.

Weird. Why would anyone want a crippled version of an aging virus-prone OS when they can get a more robust, full-featured, secure OS via Linux that's FREE!!!

sakiZ

chris-harry
06-30-2005, 05:17 AM
well, today... me sister was using windows, and she was asking me (in a frustrated voice), why it wasnt working... she did not seem to get it when i said "Because its from Microsoft"... and thats me story... that had nothing to do with this topic...

[quote]Weird. Why would anyone want a crippled version of an aging virus-prone OS when they can get a more robust, full-featured, secure OS via Linux that's FREE!!![quote] because you can play painkiller on it...