PDA

View Full Version : "Knopx3.9 Requires 128MB" I HAVE 128 and KDE Doesn

fragmented_user
06-30-2005, 07:46 PM
I recently Attempted to run Knoppix 3.9 on a system that has 128MB RAM but received the following error:s

ACPI unable to locate RSDP

PCIcannot allocate resource region 0 of device
PCIcannot allocate resource region 1 of device
PCIcannot allocate resource region 2 of device

Starting advanced power management daemon: usr/sbin/:error while reading shared libraries: cannot read file- input/output error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:arrow: Coudn't start kdeinit. Check your installation

----------xmessage------------
| Not enough memory to start kde!
| (At least 82 MB required.)
|
| Using TWM manager instead....
---------------------------------

All suggestions are greatly apppreciated.
I am a New to linux and was very impressed the way the same LiveCd worked on someone elses computer. I would like if that Cd would work on my computer too. Thanks in advance :)

Harry Kuhman
06-30-2005, 07:54 PM
ACPI unable to locate RSDP
Starting advanced power management daemon: usr/sbin/:error while reading shared libraries: cannot read file- input/output error
You may need to use some "cheat codes". Follow the documentation link at the top of this page to the wiki article on them. I would start with knoppix acpi=off at the boot prompt. You may need more, I used to have to use knoppix acpi=off noscsi with 3.4 through 3.7 but didn't need any with 3.8 or 3.9. It may take some experimenting to see just what works for you.