PDA

View Full Version : Where is there a good torrent of 4.0?

MaldiGola
07-03-2005, 04:14 PM
I have been trying to download the DVD for 3 days now and have only got 15MB into it. This is the only site that does not time out.
This is the one form mongo56.org.

Help!

eco2geek
07-03-2005, 10:30 PM
The download rate is very slow, although it wasn't that slow with a broadband connection. Are you behind a firewall? If so, have you set it so ports 6881-6889 are open for the IP address of your computer? Have you set your bittorrent client to use those ports?

See the "Knoppix 4.0" thread in the "News" section for alternatives; there are some ftp sites available now.

HLS
07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Just be sure that you are not downloading to a FAT32 partition or the file will be truncated at 4.00G. I was cruising at the fastest connection ever the other day at 1350mbps when the file abruptly stopped just short of an hour at 4.00G due to FAT32 limitation. The problem with torrent connections is that it is just a throw of the dice as to whether you can get in on an exclusive connection with a t3 or better. I had two such connections the other day. That was a blast that ended up being a bummer. Sometimes a restart will get you connected with a faster set of peers. As I said, it is just a throw of the dice, unless you have inside scoop on IP address connection availability and can set the connection manually. I have begun limiting seeding uploads to a maximum of two peers when file is completed. With my ADSL, that still allows only a maximum seeding of 20Kbps per peer. That will not burn down anyone's barn. Azureus gives the best readout that I have found.