PDA

View Full Version : k3b dvd write speed on 3.8.2

besonen
07-04-2005, 12:31 AM
hi all,

anyone familiar with burning DVDs with k3b? i can't seem to get more than 1x write speed. i've tried burning on two different systems with different burners (nec and pioneer) and in both cases k3b reports a high write speed but the actual burn progresses at only 1x. i'm using 4x media.

any clues?

thanks,
david

Harry Kuhman
07-04-2005, 01:09 AM
? i can't seem to get more than 1x write speed. i've tried burning on two different systems with different burners (nec and pioneer) and in both cases k3b reports a high write speed but the actual burn progresses at only 1x. i'm using 4x media.

any clues?
It could very well be a media issue, I see this same problem with many brands of media under Windows burning with Nero too. Low quality media seems to have a lot of problems that makes the drive stop and start and the burn ends up taking forever (or occasionally failing). This happens with me even with media that is marked 8x and even if I tell it to only burn at 2.4x (as slow as my burner will go). I've seen that with other brands of media I can indeed burn faster.