PDA

View Full Version : problem with KDM when remaster knoppix for cd

raytango
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi,

I m remastering knoppix in order to have it similar to a common desktop.
I ve changed wallpapers, Kmenus, etc....
But one important point on my live cd, is that I want users to authenticate with kdm. (then I will try to change lib pams to authenticate with ldap or sthing else).

So after cleaning useless packets and purge, i ve tried to configure kdm :

apt-get --purge remove kdm
apt-get install kdm (chose kdm as default desktop manager).
dpkg-reconfigure kdm (to be sure)

I make my iso as usual.
I load my image in vmware...... and:
Everything start fine, then KDM window for loggin appears. But then the splash screen of kde appears and kde starts as knoppix user. But I still haven t authenticate, and my kdm window is still here.

I thought that it was something in the /etc/rcS.d/S00autoconfig-knoppix, but after some changes I still have the problem.

Thanks for your help. I m looking for a solution for days.

Edit:
I ve tried gdm (dpkg-reconfigure gdm).
I have the gdm window, and the kde doesn t start (Fine). But when I try to login knoppix/knoppix, the screen become black and gdm restart. When i try another user login, nex_user/new_user, I have an error message (xlib : connexion to ":0.0" refused by server) (Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE) (ksplash cannot connect to server :0). Did anyone succed in using kdm or gdm in cd remastering????

PS: when i create a new user in chroot when i m remastering, (adduser) it creates the /home/new_user directory. But when i will log as new_user, it tells me that /ramdisk/home/new_user doesn t exist. Is there a trick??

raytango
07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
hi
I ve tried to start again at the beginnig, with a copy of knoppix (cp -Rp /knoppix/* ..) without any change.
So the only thing i ve done is to : dpkg-reconfigure kdm, and choose kdm as default.
Then i remaster my knoppix.

Still a problem, after I log, kdm restart and ask me for the login.
In the kdm.log is the fellowing :

Auth name :MIT MAGIC COOKIE ID -1 ...
X :Client 2 rejected from local host

if anyone can tell me if he succeed in using kdm or gdm on a remaster cd.... and what he did.

Thanks