PDA

View Full Version : Download error

thet
07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Hello all,

I'm downloading KnoppixDVD, already downloaded 4Gb and remains 40 MB, but i get error: No space left on device (although there is enough space). Can I somehow unpack what is already downloaded?

cookingout
07-07-2005, 01:58 PM
What operating system are you using? If Windows but older than 2000 or XP, I think that 4 GB is the maximum file size.

Here's a link from MS with more information on file types/sizes: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

If you are limited to 4 GB, you should be able to create another partition of a type that supports larger file sizes and copy all of what you have over to the new partition. Then restart bittorrent but save to the new partition. Hopefully, you have a Knoppix CD already and can use the QTParted program to create the new partition.

I hope this helps. If not be sure to give more information with the reply such as: Operating system, Partition Type eg. ext3, FAT32, NTFS, etc ...

thet
07-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your advice :)
I formated another partiotion with NTFS, copyed all what I already have to this partition and restarted bittorrent. The download is continuing now.