PDA

View Full Version : Cant' install konq-plugins

Ao
07-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Okay, so a little while ago, I was going through the K Menu and apt-get removing everything that wasn't useful and I didn't use, especially since Knoppix comes with a VERY large selection of software :). Anyway, I uninstalled akregator, which needed konq-plugins, which was uninstalled too (whoops!). Thus, konq-plugins is uninstalled and I can't browse for software and say add something to the K Menu. When I try apt-get install konq-plugins, it gives me this:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
konq-plugins
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
19 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/813kB of archives.
After unpacking 2732kB of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... 105167 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking konq-plugins (from .../konq-plugins_4%3a3.3.2-4_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/konq-plugins_4%3a3.3.2-4_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-webarchive.desktop', which is also in package kdelibs-data
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/konq-plugins_4%3a3.3.2-4_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

If I try apt-get -f install, it doesn't fix it either. If I try reinstalling akregator, it gives me this:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kdeaddons: Depends: konq-plugins (>= 4:3.3.2-4) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Anyone know what's up?[/b]

Ao
07-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Looking like I should reinstall KDE then? If I were to do so, is it safe just to apt-get remove kdebase and then apt-get install kdebase?

Arkaein
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
You know, one problem I've had with KDE packages is that they all depend on the newest version of the KDE core libs in the version (stable, testing, unstable) that you're using. If I try to upgrade say Kate, but it's a newer release than say kdelibs4, Synaptic wants to update all the KDE core libs. I'm not sure if there's any wasy around this, I don't know if there's any way to install an older version of a package in testing that matches up with the installed libs. I usually do my KDE updates infrequently and in large batches as a result.

I'm not sure if this is really the problem, because normally it would just tell you that it wanted to upgrade a lot of dependencies instead of giving an error. However you might want to check an make sure that the version of konq-plugins matches up with the version of kdelibs-data.

Also, if you're not using it already already you might want to install Synaptic. It makes searching for dependencies and available versions a little bit friendlier (at least in my opinion).