PDA

View Full Version : New: klik creates menu entries in KDE menu

probono
07-10-2005, 04:02 PM
klik now automatically populates the klik menu inside your KDE menu.
It becomes updated automatically after each successful run of a klik'ed application.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9576/klikmenu0gb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Note: you need to reinstall your klik client with

wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O - | sh

Greetings,
probono

probono
07-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Btw, this even works if you move your cmg files to another location (e.g., /opt/klik) - just run one cmg from the new location, and the menu will be updated automatically after you quit the application.

Greetings,
probono

dukeinlondon
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Amazing. I guess application icons will come in time...

dnr_ron
11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Probono,
After following your advice...

"Note: you need to reinstall your klik client with
Code:
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O - | sh"

... I can not run ANY cmg. I get the error "Unable to mount /tmp/app/1"
followed by "/home/user/.zAppRun: line 127: /tmp/app/1/wrapper: No such file or directory".

I am using Kanotix32 version2005-03 installed on a HDD. How can I get cmg to run again?

drb
11-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I get the same error messages with Kanotix-2005-04-Lite-RC15

drb

dnr_ron
11-09-2005, 08:25 PM
I noticed while CMGs would not run, that command actually did insert the icons into the menu.

Since I produce a clone of this cd regularly, i reloaded back to where i was earlier. the CMGs work again and so do any new downloads. however, the menu icons are not produced.

things that make you go... hmmm

dnr_ron

drb
11-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I manage to get cmg files working by running the klik client and then changing the /mnt to /tmp in fstab. Most of my old cmg files appear to work.

drb

dvryknopper
03-20-2006, 06:02 AM
I am running kanotix 2005-04, hd install. I am able to install and run .cmg files that I install with klik, but klick does not note those applications in the kmenu, and when I try to manually place those applications on the kmenu, they will not load, is there something that I am doing wrong? all of the files are stored in my home directory, and when I installed the klik applications I was not logged in as root, I don't think that would cause that problem, but I don't know for certain. Any ideas, or if not, anybody else have the same problem?

carlbeech
03-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi,

I also performed the update - and it appeared to work ok - I get icons within the start menu, however, when going to the klik website, I get the usual messages when opening a program, asking if I want to open klik://.... then I get an error message 'Error while trying to run...'.

I've had this before when the main website was down - is there anywhere I can find diagnstic information I can post back to you?

Thanks

Carl
(using SuSE SLICK).

carlbeech
03-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Just thought I'd let you know - I've tried again and it's worked - looks like a glitch on the download mechanism that passed?

Just as a thought - the entries in the list will end up growing (potentially) quite large - are you planning to be able to split up the menu entry into categoried sub-menus? (Taken from the main Klik website - eg. graphics / games etc....

Thanks

Carl.

carlbeech
03-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Seems I might have spoken too soon - I've just tried another program and it's coming up with the error message again.... - are there any logs I can examine to work out whats going on...?

Carl.

bitpicker
05-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I find this behaves very strangely on my system. My system is Gentoo Linux and uses XFce 4.2 as WM. The XFce menu reads the KDE menu entries ok and displays them, but whenever I run a klik application, all the .desktop files are edited to include a tab at the beginning of the line, the only exceptions being the .desktop files of .zAppRun.desktop (which is hidden anyway) and klik.desktop. Afterwards, the entries for all klik programs thus edited vanish from the menu, but reappear if I manually remove all the inserted tabs. Why would that be?

Robin

probono
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
After each run of a cmg, ~/.zAppRun re-creates the menu entries for all cmg files. This way, the menu always gets updated, even if you move your cmg files to a different drive.

klik is not yet tested with XFCE at all.
You would have to remove the spaces in ~/.zAppRun
Please let me know if you have fixed it, then I can fix it for everyone.

Greetings,
probono

bitpicker
05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Apparently taking out all the leading spaces in the final part of .zAppRun actually solved the problem. In XFce there are no desktop icons (yet, the next version is supposed to support them optionally), but thanks to its use of the KDE menu entries it does show the Klik entries in its menu. I'll tell the XFce people about the problem with leading spaces.

Thanks for the hint,

Robin