PDA

View Full Version : Install local klik client...Knoppix help

Kairos
07-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm getting my feet wet with Knoppix and Klik is an awesome concept and implementation.

I know that you can use wget to install the klik client from the web. I'm using the Knoppix 4.0 DVD and want to save the client on my usb drive so that if my machine has not internet access, I can still use the .cmg files I have saved on my hard disk. How do I go about saving a permanent client on my usb drive so that I don't have to have an internet connection to run the cmgs every time I boot up?

Regards

bfree
07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
How do I go about saving a permanent client on my usb drive so that I don't have to have an internet connection to run the cmgs every time I boot up?
2 Choices ... you can save output of the wget command instead of running it, and then you have the install to run each time. Alternatively you can just keep a copy of /etc/fstab and ~/.zAppRun (you don't need ~/.klik as it is only used to connect to the site to get the recipies which build cmg files). If you are using a persitent home (it will keep .zAppRun for you) then you can just look at the sticky posts about how to use a knoppix.sh to make the fstab change when you reboot.