PDA

View Full Version : INTERNET VIA GPRS & BLUETOOTH ON SONYERICSSON T610

manpreetpasricha
07-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I have used internet through gprs via sonyericsson T610 i windows enviorment without any problem. Then i got Knoppix 3.7 live
CD. I was able to use connection option for gprs via bluetooth as it was inbuild. After i click ok bluetooth connection with my mobile was formed but for gprs it showed wrong parameters. There is a little missing to access internet. I think, It was dialing number *99***1# but in case of my service provider(Airtel, India) it is *99***2#. I am now using windows Xp for internet access. Please someone help me to be online through Knoppix.
Thanks,
Manpreet

manpreetpasricha
07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I didnot get solution from anyone. No problem I got it myself . Through Knoppix I configured my Gprs setting. Lastly iasked for INIT script which I had from my Service Provider. After entering the INIT script there was boom. MY internet commenced and I saw Google. Now I am writting from Knoppix. But one more problem is still there, it is that my Gprs connection is not continuous. it is connecting then disconnecting like a wave. I hope this time I will be able to get some help from mighty forum.
Thanks,
Manpreet
:

foamrotreturns
07-18-2005, 05:37 PM
If your GPRS is going in and out like a sine wave, that means you have a problem with the GPRS access at your phone level, and unfortunately this is not a GPRS, Airtel, or Sony Ericsson forum. If it's a bluetooth connection instability, you could try moving the phone closer to the computer, plugging the laptop into power, plugging the phone into power, moving the bluetooth dongle to another USB port, checking if the connection works better on another computer, etc.

manpreetpasricha
07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Dear foamrotreturns,
Thanks for your response. But I want to tell you that when I am using same laptop with same Bluetooth dongle with same sonyericsson handset under windows enviourment(Xp SP2) with same service provider, internet connection is stable and continuous. I.E. without sinewave.I doubt it is due to some setting in internet connection programme in knoppix,since gprs connection remain in force for 2.0 minutes. It means that after connection is remain in force for two minutes it is terminated. Then after 20 seconds later it is connecting with my mobile. So the command is from software/code in knoppix.
Thanks,
Manpreet

gacol
01-28-2006, 06:28 PM
i have the same problem, with pcmci. Its not isp or hardware problem. i need stable connection on knoppix and i cant aford this