PDA

View Full Version : how to run live update in knoppix 3.8.2

entropy8
07-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Im a linux neeb looking to use knoppix to run Anti Virus scans on windows machines. can anyone help? i've read that a progfram called fprot is good, but should be available trhough the knoppix--->utilities--->live update. is this correct? my knoppix menu does not offer a live update option. any help is appreciated as i get started with this linux. thank you

maxIT
07-15-2005, 11:19 AM
It depend of which knoppix version are you using. Before 3.8 there was this option. Now you must refer to 'kpackage' that allow you to manage sofware as a full install instead as a livecd.

"Kpackage/special/aptdebian/upadate", then search the software you want install and install it. I've searched for fprot but I've don't found it, maybe some other antivirus are avaible, try a search.

bye, max

entropy8
07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
if so , what are they please.

maxIT
07-15-2005, 05:13 PM
I've searched for fprot but I've don't found it...

Mistake!!!! Found it, just searching f-prot instead of fprot :D

entropy8
07-15-2005, 06:35 PM
thank you. i have used kpakage and special and apt debian and update. when finished, my only option seems to be cancel. anyway, after this i searhed for package and file f-prot and nothing was found. any following advice?

maxIT
07-15-2005, 07:43 PM
I also have this kind of problem. Nothing in kmenu to open and not even in command line something like f-prot or sort of to run, just a f-prot file in /UNIONFS/usr/bin that seems doesn't work.
At this point I think that the help of someone else in this forum will be appreciated :D

sakiZ
07-21-2005, 02:01 AM
After you download and install Fprot you should then get the GUI front end for it. It makes using Fprot really easy.

Go to:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qtfprot/

to download it.

sakiZ