PDA

View Full Version : a 'noob' question about booting from hd

Allowee
04-20-2003, 08:49 AM
first of all i would like to thank all the people involved with Knoppix.

i got it running without problems.
i never got suse, rethat or any other working before.

but now i would like to know how i can boot it with automatic values.

i always need to type 'knoppix screen=1024x768 depth=24 wheelmouse'
but before i'm done with typing all that i'm a min later. (not a fast typer)

so where can i put those values to boot like that automaticly?

Thanks

Allowee
04-20-2003, 10:01 AM
while looking around here it seems that it are X11 settings.

how can I change those settings in X11?
i'm really new to this.
and I would like to learn Linux

A. Jorge Garcia
04-20-2003, 12:56 PM
OK, after booting with all your special settings on (from boot: screen with knopppix commands) click the K in the bottom left corner of the desktop.

Make sure you have a linux formatted disk in the floppy drive (boot disk is ok).

Then click KNOPPIX and then clickk Save KNOPPIX Config.

This creates a knoppix.sh bash file and saves it on the floppy saving your desired settings.

To boot up again with those settings without having to type them every time on the boot: screen, make sure that same disk is in the floppy drive and just type at the boot: knoppix floppyconfig.

That should do it!

Good Luck,

A. Jorge Garcia
04-20-2003, 12:57 PM
OK, after booting with all your special settings on (from boot: screen with knopppix commands) click the K in the bottom left corner of the desktop.

Make sure you have a linux formatted disk in the floppy drive (boot disk is ok).

This creates a knoppix.sh bash file and saves it on the floppy saving your desired settings.

To boot up again with those settings without having to type them every time on the boot: screen, make sure that same disk is in the floppy drive and just type at the boot: knoppix floppyconfig.

That should do it!

Good Luck,

A. Jorge Garcia
04-20-2003, 12:57 PM

That should do it!

Good Luck,

A. Jorge Garcia
04-20-2003, 12:58 PM

That should do it!

Good Luck,

A. Jorge Garcia
04-20-2003, 12:58 PM
to: Allowee
re: hdd install

That should do it!

Good Luck,

A. Jorge Garcia
04-20-2003, 12:59 PM
sorry, knoppix.net kept saying send error!

rickenbacherus
04-20-2003, 04:59 PM
sorry, knoppix.net kept saying send error!
Did it say "failed to send email?" It's been happening to me too. I haven't been getting reply notifications either- something's fishy around here.

rickenbacherus
04-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Allowee-

Did you install Knoppix to your hard drive or are you booting from cd?