PDA

View Full Version : Segmentation fault in 45xsession (remastering Knoppix 3.9)

tr
07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
I have made four attempts to remaster Knoppix 3.9 but not succeeded.

First I reversed to an older and stable UNIONFS. Then I could make a remastered version but there were something missing e.g. my programs from kicker panel, and I was not satisfied.

Then I updated KDE from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1. Now I could not even start KDE from remastered CD anymore. The error message was 'segmentation fault' in 45xsession in line 64. Has somenthing changed in KDE 3.4.1 or was there some knoppix configuration files which are now replaced? This must have something to do with newer KDE.

In my third attempt I commented line 64 in 45xsession, and following lines of that section (these caused segmentation fault in my previous attempt). Then I placed {.kde*,Desktop} back in line 128 Now I could do a remastering but with same result as in my first attempt. But KDE started anyhow.

Next attempt was to remove {.kde*,Desktop} from line 128. Now I got 'segmentation fault' error again but now in line 122. Those same lines starting from 64 was also commented out as in my previous attempt.

Ist this impossible thing to remaster Knoppix 3.9 after updating KDE? Perhaps coming KDE 3.4.2 would make things easier or what do you think? Am I wasting my time with this because in this forum nobody has reported of success in remastering Knoppix 3.9 as far as I know?

I have used menu based scripts in my remasterings.

-tapsa-

knopx4me
07-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I do not think that this is related to kde 3.4. It is related to the buggy UnionFS. I did remastered it, but I got the same bug I use to get when i used the original one even after replacing the UnionFS. If you are looking for a kde 3.4 distro, try remastring Kanotix 2005-3 using the scripts in this forum. However, to make an iso you need to use the command for the grub. I wish that James makes an option in his scripts to handle it also.