PDA

View Full Version : Booting and Installing KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN

Gurgham
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi people, I would really appreciate if someone can help me to fix the prblem i have found.

Caldera DR-DOS 7.03
[DR-DOS] A:\>

Dearpeople, what do I have to type?
As long as I was reading, the user interface shall appear after loading the CD into the CD Rom.
Why it is not appearing in this case?
I have 2 drives, a CD and a DVD Recorder drive, I've set the settings to boot from the CD in this case E:
I have disabled the Floppy drive, so, doesnt appear in the system. But still is appearing the message and command line [DR-DOS] A:\>
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks very much :D

UnderScore
07-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Your problem & its solution is in the Downloading FAQ (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ). I know this because I put it there myself.

technutts
07-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Hello

Make sure that booting cD jump to bootable. If Booting CD is set to bootable, then press F8 to get a system menu. This technique depends on the mother. Some board will let you select a different mode.

UnderScore
07-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Hello

Make sure that booting cD jump to bootable. If Booting CD is set to bootable, then press F8 to get a system menu. This technique depends on the mother. Some board will let you select a different mode.Welcome to Knoppix.net. I see you want to help. That is good. The solution is in the FAQ. No need to change boot mode because his system is booting correctly.