PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix a blankscreen

okhan
07-21-2005, 10:11 PM
I am new to using Linix, I have tried to boot Knopix off a cd several time and very time the computer hangs with a blank screen. I have tried booting with the expert cheat code and I still have not been able to get the screen to work, does anyone have any idea how to fix this. Thanks

Capt. Cautious
07-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Blessings,
I too am new to these forums Welcome, and learn long. Here could be a number of reasons for the problem. the most likely is a corrupt CD. Download again if needed &/or run the testcd option on a known good machine. Next: what version knoppix, what laptop/ desktop/ processor and vid card if you know it. Then we can take the next step. It the testcd says it is okay run the md5 sums and then if that's ok we can see what the hardware, or M$ problem is. Does the machine run Win XP pro and which SP 1 or 2?

By My hand, I Remain~
Captain Cautious

okhan
07-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Thank you for the response, I did run a testcd and it came back ok, I have a Dell Insperon 6000 with a 1.5GHz Pentium M with an intrgrated vid card, with 512ram. I am run Win XP Pro SP2.

pestie
07-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Try booting with knoppix vga=normal. Maybe your laptop doesn't like framebuffer console mode.