PDA

View Full Version : overnet and knoppix

smallfox
07-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi,

How i can open TCP port 4661 , 4662 and UDP port 4665. As far as I found out, those ports are closed by deafalut, and that is a reasion why my ovenet p2p client does not work?

UnderScore
07-23-2005, 10:12 PM
You shouldn't have to open any ports on Knoppix. Just like on Windows, I can run Firefox, AIM, Azureus, eDonkey or any other internet application without having to adjust network settings. Now you _may_ have to open ports on your firewall/router/gateway device. But you would have to do this for Knoppix, Windows or Mac.

maxIT
07-24-2005, 07:40 PM
... Now you _may_ have to open ports on your firewall/router/gateway device. But you would have to do this for Knoppix, Windows or Mac.

Iwant to say a thing in this argument.
I've damned me with bittorrent. No any way to work with it. No installing the official bt in wXP, neither installing various clients in knoppix via apt-get or klik. I thought my issue wat my NAT firewall on my lan, so I'm gone to lurking forums and hows-to over the net to search the solution, that seemed to be somewhat like 'porting redirection' in my dsl router. I've tryed and retryed many settings without succes.

One day, having problems to print in knoppix with my HP psc2210, I would to get a look at ubuntu, and it recognized and worked with my printer on the fly
:P
also I noticed in programs list something called gnome-bittorent so I've tryed it. wow!! it automagically just worked!