PDA

View Full Version : knoppix and WinXP

asyc
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I have a laptop running knoppix v 3.7 from cd-rom. how can I connect to winxp pc shared folder via LAN? I`m using d-link broadband router DI-604.

UnderScore
08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Open up the GUI file manager known as konqueror. It is the house icon on the taskbar. Once that comes up, in the location bar, I use the following to authenticate to a Windows domain & then access a windows networking share. In the location bar:
smb:/domain\username@IP.address.of.machine
If you do not need to authenticate to a domain, the form is:
smb:/hostname
or

smb:/IP.address.of.machine

I hope this helps.
James

UnderScore
08-03-2005, 09:00 PM
hello. sry my bad english. my problem is next: I have LAN with two computers. first computer is a laptop running knoppix from cd and second computer is pc running winxp professional from HDD. and now problem. if I make connection from winxp pc to knoppix laptop, everything is OK. but if I tryed to connect from my knoppix laptop to winxp pc, connection is failed, cannot answer ping etc. can everybody tell me, what`s wrong.Do some more tests to prove that networking works on both the Knoppix machine & the Win XP machine.
Can Knoppix machine ping the gateway and other machines that are not the Win XP machine?
Can WinXP machine ping the gateway and other machines that are not the Knoppix machine?
Can WinXP machine ping the Knoppix machine?
Can Knoppix machine ping the Win XP machine? If not, is there a firewall on the Win XP machine?