PDA

View Full Version : Looking for specific 'alsa' bootcommand 'alsa=ac97 intel8x0'

Antaeus
08-06-2005, 10:03 AM
This is yet another sound problem. I was told a while back when I first got knoppix to enter a command similar to this to fix my sound, But I can't remember what it was exactly, because I have not used knoppix in about a year.

If anyone could help me on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. It seems to be a lost command; with all of these people having very similar sound problem. I have searched for the past two hours using google and a few linux forums for that command that I so desperately need but I have not seen any mention of it.

I am also a complete noob when it comes to linux. Only having used knoppix a few times.

Here is as close as I can come to the code yet again: for conveniance(sp?).

"Alsa=ac97 intel8x0"

I appreciate any help and/or support provided regarding this matter. And for clarification purposes I just want the corrected version of the bootcommand that is shown here. That is why I have not provided any additional information such as my soundcard/chipset/etc(you can probably already guess that though :p)

WaKa
08-13-2005, 01:25 AM
is it? knoppix26 alsa=intel8x0

Harry Kuhman
08-13-2005, 01:29 AM
is it? knoppix26 alsa=intel8x0
What version of Knoppix are you talking about? knoppix26 should only work for 3.7 and I saw no mention of that above.

davea0511
08-13-2005, 04:00 AM
The cheatcode alsa=intel8x0 works great for me.