PDA

View Full Version : modem problem,need advice

eszy
08-06-2005, 04:30 PM
ok... the live-cd is awosome... everything seems to work, but, for reasons i will not go into , i am on dial-up for a while.. the problem i have is , well i am sorta a nOOb, and cannot get the modem to dial.... the modem on windblows says its a ,,
"BCM V.92 56k Voicemodem (com4)"... so i boot from cd and try to configure.. i set the modem to "/dev/ttyso". this is the only one that works. says modem activated. but does not dial,,,(this is the only one that works .. the rest say modem is buzy) so. do i keep reading till i get my highspeed back and can go through my router?... lol. or am i on the compleatly wrong path...

thanks for any help.

most of this is over my head. but i am going to stick with it.. . it is nice to have a live cd to learn on. saves all the reformats i used to do... keeps me learning instead of formating.. lol ..

tdjokic
08-06-2005, 06:16 PM
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/ this is very good site for you.

eszy
08-06-2005, 07:00 PM
he he.. thanks,, this should keep me busy for a bit..

Kowood
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
I bought a smartlink chipset modem from newegg.com for like $12...after 6 months of trying to rewrite USR drivers to be Lin-Compatible. if it's a smartlink chipset...slmodemd in the terminal