PDA

View Full Version : New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

Nebo
08-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Hello all! :)

I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.

Please help me!

Thank you,
Nebo

maxIT
08-07-2005, 05:25 PM
What I usually type is: euro isdn

Nebo
08-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...

Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?

Thanks,
Nebo

maxIT
08-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International

ockham23
08-08-2005, 07:56 AM
What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?

Nebo
08-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.

I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.

And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?