PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.9 System freeze

StefanR
08-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi *.*

I use the poor man installation booting ISO img from a NTFS System.
Hardware IBM Laptop R40e
Knoppix V3.8 works perfect but when I boot Knoppix 3.9 the System freeze
in the Moment I start Firefox. Same problem with conqueror.

Bye
Stefan

yeonil
08-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I have the same problem... if it's a problem with network, if any kind person could tell a newbie how to fix it? :P

Yeonil

yeonil
08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
hmm ping is fine, google responds, localhost too, i can use links and lynx in the terminal, and konqueror starts with it's predefined knoppix-start page loaded from somewhere on my disk, but if i point him to a web adress, or launch firefox, then boom, system crashes...
(also i am having difficulties getting the configuration to persist, maybe because it cannot find my disk image, but i will figure out where to paste the mounting script eventually :P )
Any help with the web browsing problem will be greatly appreciated ;D

Yeonil

(edit.: and to be clear: i can browse the web with links and lynx)

yeonil
08-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Ok I made my mind. I shouldn't have beed installing KnoppixLiveCD on HDD on the first place :P I am gonna get Ubuntu, maybe, because a friend of mine knows it, and, you know, a friend is a invaluable source of information. Don't get me wrong, Knoppix made it's job in changing my mind to linux, and the CD version worked fine. Alas, i am a kind of lazy person, and waiting for a reasonable solution or even downloading another bugless relase is too much for me, (but i can care reading linux manuals, so far). So my mind goes: why i am trying to install a livecd on my disk, if a well suited distro for this purpose is already there. So, as the problem mentioning here remains open, I have lost my curiosity.
I'd like to thank anyone involved in knoppix dev. and say bye,

Yeonil