PDA

View Full Version : how to import pst files into korganizer

realpc
08-08-2005, 05:10 PM
hello all.

just discovered another way to break ties with microsoft, by exporting my diary outlook) from my pda to ics format to enable me to import it into korganizer.

for those of you interested this is how i did it...

on a windows machine (with outlook containaing the data installed on it) download the outlook2vcal program from the following link...

http://korganizer.kde.org/learning/importdata.html

when downloaded open the zip file and install the program.

(please note this program seems to work better when you use outlook 2000 rather than older versions)

when its installed, go to start - programs - outlook2vcal and run the app.

if all goes well you should be able to export the data from outlook into a vcal or ics format, simply tell the program where to ouput the file to, let it run and wait.

my 1365 appointments took about 3 mins!

then get the old usb pen drive out, copy the file to your KNOPPIX (:D) box and copy it to an approriate folder in your home directory, open korganizer and choose file - open and find your exported file, then choose open.

thats how i did it, however i did get some weird ocx error, so if you hit that let me know and i can provide help on how to overcome it, however i think it was a one off so wont complicate things further by mentioning it here.

enjoy.